Obtain your result
Results of the IELTS test are released 13 calendar days after the test date.
Results are provided by certificate called a Test Report Form (TRF). The TRF can be sent to you in two ways:
- By post - using the address given on your application form. If you wish to change address for the result to be sent to you, please inform the test centre a minimum of 48 hours advance of the release of your result
- In person - results can be collected from the test centre if requested by the candidate. This request must be made to the test centre a minimum of 48 hours before results are released. Please note: In order to collect results in person, you must bring the ID document used on the day of the test to collect.
(Available for tests from 30 June 2012)
Results can also be checked online, whilst awaiting for the arrival of your TRF.
Please follow the following steps:
- Access the IELTS result checking site
- You will be prompted to enter the following test details - Test Date, Date of Birth, ID number, Candidate Number
- Results will then be displayed
The ID document number that you should enter into the result checking screen is the ID document used on the day of the test.
Your candidate number is the one which was supplied to you on the day of the test. We recommend that candidates keep the label given to them on test days so that they have a record of their candidate number.
Please note that the centre cannot give information on candidate number or ID number after the test due to data protection. It is important that candidates retain this information on the day of the exam so that they can check results online.
Results will appear online 13 days after the test and will remain viewable for a maximum of 35 days.