Request a re-mark
What is an Enquiry on Results (EOR?)
Candidates have the option to have any or all sections of their test remarked if they are unhappy with the score awarded on their certificate.
The process is called an Enquiry on Results (EOR) and costs £60.00.
- Print and complete the EOR application form, filling in all necessary details. Please make it clear which sections of the test you wish to have remarked. Centre details can be found at the top of your Test Report Form (IELTS certificate) e.g. centre number and candidate number.
- Return the form with your original Test Report Form (IELTS certificate) to the University Language Centre, Oddfellows Hall, The University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M1 7HF.
- You must make this request within six weeks of your test date - any requests made after this time period will not be accepted.
- Make the payment of £60.00 online. Payment by cheque and postal orders must be made payable to ‘The University of Manchester’. You can also pay by credit/debit card in person at the office.
- Upon receipt of your application, your exam papers will be sent to the British Council for remarking by a Senior Examiner. The British Council will notify the IELTS centre of the Senior Examiner’s decision within 8 weeks after receiving your exam papers.
- You will receive an email and letter advising you of the decision from the British Council.
What if a change is made to my results?
You will be sent a new Test Report Form (IELTS certificate) showing the changes made. You will be refunded the £60.00 enquiry fee within approximately 10 working days.
What if there is no change to my results?
The Senior Examiner’s decision is final and no refund of the enquiry fee will be made. Your original Test Report Form will remain valid and will be returned to you.