The University Language Centre open learning facilities including the library, study area and multimedia studios, are located in Samuel Alexander Building.
The open learning facilities are located on the lower ground floor of Samuel Alexander Building. Access to the lower ground floor is from the south wing entrance.
- Interactive campus map showing the ULC building
Opening hours - semester
Monday - Thursday: 9.30am - 7pm
Friday: 9.30am - 5pm
Opening hours - vacation
Monday - Friday: 9.30am - 1pm, 2pm - 5pm
The Language Laboratory (Studio 5) is equipped with an ASC audio distribution system for use in language classes. Staff wishing to have training in the use of the systems should contact the AV Technician - Abdul Pathan.
The language laboratory/audio studio is timetabled extensively for classes. Members of staff wishing to book one of the laboratories should contact University Central Timetabling Unit and not the University Language Centre.
At other times students may use it in open access mode. Wednesday afternoons and Friday afternoons are free hours for self-access use.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone ext: 53013
- User's guide: Audio Language Laboratories in the Taught Classroom (Word)
The University Language Centre's open learning facilities provide:
- a well-stocked library of materials in various formats
- a Study Area adjacent to the library designed for collaborative or individual learning
- two versatile multimedia studios, equipped with PCs for DVD playback and access to live TV channels via the University network, booths for group viewing of DVDs, and flexible work spaces for collaborative or individual work
- a conversation room for group/pair-work and voice recording
- a reception desk with specialist support staff
- See also Independent language learning