Search type

University Language Centre


Studying abroad - an exciting idea! It is the best way to improve your language skills. But you may be a bit worried especially about living in a different country ... a different culture. We have many years of experience in providing excellent courses, arranging accommodation and looking after student welfare.

Students attending courses during the academic year (October to June) usually live in homestay accommodation and students attending summer courses (July to September) stay in the university halls of residence.

Manchester is a major city in the North of England with an international airport and with many places of interest near by. The easiest way to get to your accommodation from the airport or bus/train station is by taxi, which will cost approximately £20 - 25.

There are many different types of accommodation available in Manchester.

University Language Centre - accommodation bookings

The following accommodation can be booked through the University Language Centre (ULC):

University Accommodation Office

The following accommodation can be booked through the University Accommodation Office:

Private sector accommodation

There is also a variety of private sector accommodation available ranging from house shares, houses/apartments/flats to residential halls of residence. All accommodation can be applied for independently and can be viewed through our section on private sector accommodation.

Hotel accommodation

Should you require accommodation for a short period of time for either yourself or for visiting family/friends, you may wish to consider hotel accommodation, which you can make independently.