ULC can only accept course participants onto this course who have, as a minimum, an undergraduate degree or the equivalent in terms of demonstrated academic and study potential. Proof of qualifications will be requested.
Trainees must demonstrate a high level of competence in reading, writing, listening and speaking skills in English, as appropriate to a teacher of the language. Trainees for whom English is a second language must demonstrate competence in all skills. The following tests may be used as partial evidence of English language proficiency and competence.
- Trinity graded examination in spoken English, Grade 10 or above
- Cambridge ESOL Certificate in Advanced English
- Cambridge ESOL Certificate of Proficiency in English
- IELTS band 7.0 (on all sub-scores) or above
- Pitman Advanced ESOL examination
- TOEFL (PBT 600, iBT 100)
For further information please contact the CertTESOL team: