ULFR30051/ULFR30052 - Advanced French Conversation
- Credits: None. Please note there is a flat fee for this course of £150 per semester.
- Level: 3
- Pre-requisite: This course is open to students with a very good AS level (A or B grade) or A-level in French, or/and students who have completed level B1+/B2 (post-intermediate, see Common European Framework). This course is not open to native or near-native speakers.
- Taught during: Semesters one and two. Students may study for just one semester.
- Timetable: Timetable for the course
This course enables students to maintain their spoken French language skills in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere with professional guidance. Each class focuses around discussion of a current topic.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will have developed a knowledge of :
- have maintained and enhanced their knowledge of French language and culture;
- be able to speak with greater fluency and spontaneity and take an active part in discussions on current topics.
Cultural appreciation, language awareness, discussion skills.
Teaching and learning method
One 90 minute class per week. Course contents will be organised around the participants’ interests and input each semester.
There is no assessment for this course.
Language of assessment
Nature and timing of feedback
Feedback will include global and individual feedback delivered orally in class, as well as written feedback on voluntary written homework.
16 per group