LSP10022 - Introduction to Spanish
Please note that the introduction course differs from the beginners in length and learning outcome: the beginners is a full-year course, whereas the introductory level is only one semester long. Both start at the same level (absolute beginner), but the beginners goes further and deeper as it is approximately double the number of teaching hours plus double the number of self-study hours.
- Credits: 10
- Level: 1
- Pre-requisite: This unit is suitable for those who have never studied Spanish before.
- Co-requisite: If you are studying a Modern Languages Degree, either single or joint honours, please refer to relevant guidance about eligibility for LEAP units on your programme structure This course is not open to native or near native Spanish speakers
- Taught during: Semester two.
- Timetable: Timetable for the course.
This unit will be running in semester 2 of 2020/21, and more information about its content will be available shortly. If you are interested in enrolling for this unit, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest and we will email you when it is open for enrolment.
Upon successful completion of the course, students should be able to:
- handle some of the basic grammatical structures of Spanish
- communicate orally and in written form in a limited number of social occasions
By the end of the course, students should be able to perform at Level A1 of the Common European Framework.
Students who complete this course with satisfactory attendance and with a minimum mark of 65% will be given a UNILANG certificate of recognition.
Pair and team work, focussed listening, informal presentations, language awareness, cultural appreciation.
Teaching and learning methods
One three-hour seminar per week, delivered through blended learning which integrates on campus and on-line instruction as necessary. This will also include online digital learning available via Blackboard and supplemented by extra online resources to aid students in their independent learning.
To be announced.
22 per group.
• ELE Actual A1 ISBN: 9788467551815
Textbook will be complemented by tutor with extra contents and resources in line with the CEF standards for each level.
Reading: Easy Spanish Reader with CD-Rom ISBN 9780071603386;
- Language practice: Collins Easy Learning Spanish Grammar, ISBN: 9780008142018