Postgraduate training in effective writing
The University Language Centre runs training workshops in writing for postgraduate students through the various Faculty training offices. Areas covered in these sessions typically include:
- Insights into the writing process
- Understanding academic style and conventions
- Achieving greater clarity and flow in writing
- Language structure and thesis editing
- Developing an awareness of rhetorical and phraseological patterns
- Working towards the first year report
The precise content, as well as the length and the number, of the workshops varies according to Faculty requirements.
There is a charge for this type of provision.
Staff wishing to discuss training requirements in academic writing for their postgraduate students should email the insessional team in the first instance:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org