Academic Speaking and Listening
Semester 2: 29 January-23 March 2018
- If you have not attended a class before, you must first take the online diagnostic test*
- Once you have taken the test, please express interest for each class using the links provided (click Done to submit your registration form). After you have expressed interest, you will receive a confirmation email telling you which room to go to.
- Speaking and Listening course outlines for classes will appear below in due course, but you can find the course description and timetables below
*For further information and to find a link to the test, please click here.
This course will help you to develop your confidence and effectiveness in using spoken English in a range of academic situations, and you will also be able to develop your academic listening skills. The course covers the language and strategies you need to obtain complex information, to negotiate and persuade in 'conflict' situations, to structure and deliver short informative talks and to take part in small group discussions. Throughout the course, time will be made available for evaluation, comment and language analysis. Some of the sessions may be devoted to individual tutorials.
Academic Speaking and Listening Class Timetables
If you miss week one, or any other weeks of this course, you do not need to worry. A new topic/language point will be discussed each week. For this reason, you should only attend one class per week.
Please choose one class only.
- (SPK1) Monday 4.30-6pm George Begg C.002. To express interest, please click here.
- (SPK2) Tuesday 4.30-6pm: Mansfield Cooper 1.02. To express interest, please click here.
- (SPK5) Wednesday 3-4.30pm: Mansfield Cooper 1.02. To express interest, please click here.
- (SPK7) Thursday 5-6.30pm: Samuel Alexander A116. To express interest, please click here.
- (SPK8) Friday 2-3.30pm: Mansfield Cooper 1.02. To express interest, please click here.