There is support available for postgraduate students wishing to improve their academic English.
Postgraduate online writing clinic
The writing clinic is a live, online, cross-Faculty resource for all postgraduate students at the University of Manchester. It is a drop-in facility which allows you to ask any questions you might have regarding academic writing.
This is not an in-sessional writing class. If you wish to join a writing class, please see here.
You can 'drop-in' to the clinic between 2pm and 3pm on Wednesdays (betwen 7 February and 14 March) and ask any questions you might have regarding academic writing.
To enter the online clinic, follow these steps:
1. Enter the following into a web browser: https://www.gotomeet.me/ulcowc
2. The first time you use GoTo, you will have to follow the download instructions.
3. Enter your name and your Faculty, eg Anna Hernandez FSE.
You will need a webcam and headphones to participate in the clinic.
Please be aware of the following:
- This is a University-wide resource and so the guidance and feedback given will be generic and not subject/School specific. If you have any subject-specific questions (eg regarding formatting of your thesis), you should speak to your supervisor/academic advisor or to some other relevant person within your subject field.
- This is not an online proofreading service.
Please read our Frequently Asked Questions section for further guidance with your writing:
If you have any questions regarding the online clinic, please email Howard Goodison: