How to apply
Applications for our English Summer programme running between July 2020 and September 2020 are now open.
If you hold an offer for an undergraduate or postgraduate course at The University of Manchester, you may be eligible for our Pre-sessional English courses.
How to complete your application
- Read our booking conditions and check the entry requirements.
- Complete the application form and return it by email.
- Attach the following documents with your application form:
- Evidence of your current English language level (copy of certificate) If you are already studying English at another institution, please also include your most recent course report
- Copy of your current passport (photograph page)
- Copy of your most recent UK visa (if you have previously studied in the UK this must be included)
- Sponsorship letter/financial guarantee (if applicable)
Please note that we cannot assess your application until we receive all these documents.
What happens next
- Your application will be reviewed by a member of the admissions team
- If your application is successful, you will be asked to pay a deposit or show evidence of financial sponsorship
- Accept your offer online (instructions will be emailed)
- Apply for accommodation, if required
How to pay course fees
If you are paying your own fees
We will send you instructions on how to pay online. Please do not pay your fees before your application has been assessed. The balance of the course fees must be paid in full at least 20 working days before the start of the course.
If your fees are being paid by a sponsor
You will need to provide evidence of sponsorship in order to secure a place on the course. A sponsor letter should be attached to your application. Before you commence your studies you will also need to provide a financial guarantee.
Please note that the sponsorship letter needs to contain the following information:
- Must be addressed to The University of Manchester
- Must be produced on official company letter headed paper from the sponsoring organisation/embassy and must state clearly:
- Contact telephone numbers / fax / email
- The full name of the student to be sponsored
- The title of the student's programme of study
- The student's year of study or years of study that the sponsorship will apply to
- A statement that the student's tuition fees (£ amount) or proportion of their fees (£ amount) will be paid upon receipt of an invoice from the University
- If you have government funding you should also provide a letter from the appropriate London Embassy