Semester 1 In-sessional Speaking classes start in Week 1 (week beginning 24th September)
- In-sessional classes are free of charge to University of Manchester students and staff.
- In-sessional speaking is delivered through a ‘block’ of three weekly 1.5 hour workshops covering the key areas of academic speaking you need to excel at University.
- In Semester 1, you can start each block of three workshops in weeks 1, 4, 7, and 10.
- Choose the week you want to start and then express interest using the links provided (click Done to submit your registration form). After you have expressed interest, you will receive a confirmation email telling you which room to go to.
This course will help you to develop your confidence and effectiveness in using spoken English in a range of academic situations. For full details, please see the course outline.
General Data Protection Regulations
The University needs to collect, maintain and use personal data in order to process your registration for classes. It is important that you read our Students, Applicants and Offer Holders Privacy Notice, to understand how we process your personal information.
Academic Speaking Class Timetables
Please note: due to technical reasons, the links below will only be open Monday-Friday 0930-1700.
Each block is identical; please choose one only.
- (SPK1) Monday 14.00 - 15.30 (26 Nov-10 Dec): To express interest, please click here.
- (SPK2) Tuesday: 16.30 - 18.00 (27 Nov-11 Dec): To express interest, please click here.
- (SPK3) Wednesday 14.00 - 15.30 (28 Nov-12 Dec): To express interest, please click here.
- (SPK4) Wednesday 16.30 - 18.00 (28 Nov-12 Dec): To express interest, please click here.
- (SPK5) Thursday 16.30 - 18.00 (29 Nov-13 Dec): To express interest, please click here.
- (SPK6) Friday 14.00 - 15.30 (9 Nov-23 Nov): To express interest, please click here.