Booking conditions - Certificate in TESOL
'Working days' is used to refer to the university working week of Monday to Friday and excludes public holidays in the UK.
- The balance of all course fees for the course must be paid at least 20 working days before the start of the course. Places for the course can only be guaranteed if all course fees are paid in advance.
- The deadline for applications is normally 40 working days before the commencement of a course. If a booking is made and accepted less than 20 working days before the start of a course, full fees are payable at the time of booking. If applications are received less than 20 days before the start of a course ULC cannot guarantee to process applications in time for students who are required to apply for/gain a visa.
- Fees for a course, or part of a course, less the course deposit, can only be refunded if cancellation in writing is received at least 20 working days before the start of the course.
- The course deposit will only be refunded, less an administration fee of £200, in exceptional circumstances e.g. an unsuccessful visa application or a medical condition, and upon receipt of documentary evidence. The administration fee is not refundable under any circumstances.
- Fees will not be refunded for students arriving late or leaving early.
- Deposits cannot be transferred to other dates/courses.
- All bank charges incurred in the payment of fees by bank transfer must be paid by the transferees.
- The University reserves the right to cancel or change the course without prior notice.
- Overseas students should arrange their own insurance to cover (ULC is unable to arrange insurance cover):
- Medical treatment and personal risks. EC Nationals are covered under the British National Health Service.
- Damage to and loss / theft of personal property.
The University of Manchester is committed to providing a positive working and learning environment free from discrimination, harassment, or victimisation on the grounds of gender, race, disability, spent criminal convictions (where there is no exemption from the legal provisions in place), sexual orientation, religion and beliefs, socioeconomic background or age, where all staff and students are treated with respect and dignity.
ULC will inform the UKVI of any visa nationals who do not commence or who leave their course early.
Acceptance of the booking conditions is indicated by submitting an application form.