How to apply
IELTS test registration - Before you apply, please make sure you read the IELTS general information page
Registration is simple - please follow the steps below:
To register for an IELTS test, please complete the online application form:
For tests from January 2021:
The test fee is £195 for 2021. After submitting your application, you will receive an email providing you with the online payment instructions. Please make sure to check your email inbox and junk email folder.
Please note that our Test Partners are looking to introduce a new simplified customer journey which no longer requires you to email or post your ID document to us prior to the test day. You will still need to enter your ID details onto the application. However, this has not been fully implemented yet so please remember to provide us with a scan/photo of your ID document at the time you are registering.
Accepted forms of ID remain the same::
- National ID Cards - For EU Citizens only - this must have your photograph, name in English lettering, signature, date of birth and a unique number
- Please note that you must have the SAME DOCUMENT that you applied with on the test day. If you lose or renew your passport/ID document before the test, you must contact us immediately for advice.
If you have any concerns regarding this, please email us:
A final email confirmation will be sent to you once we have received your application and checked that your payment has cleared. This may take some time although we usually do not require longer than 48 hours to confirm your test. The confirmation email will contain information where to arrive for your test, at what time and what to bring. Please make sure you check the inbox for the email address you provide us as this is the main way we correspond with candidates.
You may cancel your IELTS registration up to 24 hours prior to taking the test by notifying us in writing (letter or email), or you can come into the IELTS Office at the University Language Centre and complete a cancellation form. Cancellation emails must include:
- your full name
- your date of birth
- the test date you are cancelling
1. If the cancellation request is received within 14 days of making a payment ('cooling-off' period) and more than 14 days before the test date, a full refund will be given.
2. If the cancellation request is received within 14 days of making a payment ('cooling-off' period) and between 14 days and 24 hours before the test date*, a refund will be given, minus a £40 administration fee.
3. If the cancellation request is received after the 'cooling-off' period (14 days after payment), and between 14 days and 24 hours before the test date*, a refund will be given, minus a £40 administration fee.
4. If the cancellation request is received within 24 hours of the test date*, no refund will be given.
*Cancellation or transfer requests must be made before close of business (5.00pm GMT) on the Thursday prior to the test date on Saturday to qualify for a refund.