Semester 2: 29 January-23 March 2018
- If you have not attended a class before, you must first take the online diagnostic test*.
- Once you have taken the test, please express interest for each class using the links provided (click Done to submit your registration form). After you have expressed interest, you will receive a confirmation email telling you which room to go to.
- Pronunciation course outlines for classes will appear below in due course, but you can find class timetables below.
*For further information and to find a link to the test, please click here.
This course is designed to help you improve your pronunciation of English. In the sessions, authentic speech is analysed in terms of its phonological features (individual sounds and stress patterns). You will then have an opportunity to practice using the language studied. You will also learn to understand the phonetic transcriptions of English.
Pronunciation Class Timetables
If you miss week one, or any other weeks of this course, you do not need to worry: a new topic/language point will be discussed each week. For this reason, you should only attend one class per week.
Please choose one class only.
- (PRON5) Friday 2-3pm: Sackville St G37. To express interest, please click here.
- (PRON1) Tuesday 1-2pm: Humanities Bridgeford St Hanson Room. To express interest, please click here.
- (PRON2) Wednesday 2-3pm: Mansfield Cooper 1.02. To express interest, please click here.