Why did you choose to study English for Academic Purposes at the University Language Centre?
I chose to study English for Academic Purposes at the University Language Centre for several reasons. Firstly, the course description of this programme is very beneficial as it leads nicely into the Pre-sessional courses. Therefore, you will be eligible to do either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. Secondly, my best friend, who is currently doing his Master’s degree at the University of Manchester, has studied on this course and encouraged me to join because of the fantastic teachers and cooperative Admissions officers. Moreover, the University of Manchester has great facilities such as the Learning Commons, Student Union, Library, Student Services Centre and a great environment for studying. Based on these reasons, I chose to study English for Academic Purposes at the ULC.
What do you most enjoy about your course?
I enjoy the diversity of lessons the most. In other words, there is reading, writing, listening, speaking, grammar and vocabulary, as well as diverse topics which are interesting and have a purpose. The academic writing is also enjoyable and makes me more confident about my writing.
What are your top three tips for someone intending to study English for Academic Purposes at the University Language Centre?
My top three tips are the following:
- Learn how to make a study plan to meet deadlines.
- Learn basic English grammar and vocabulary to make studying enjoyable.
- Do an IELTS exam and try to score at least 5.00 overall to be eligible to join this course.
What have you enjoyed most about living in Manchester?
Living in Manchester is fantastic because of the following reasons:
- Excellent facilities such as public transport e.g. buses which cover all of Manchester, trains, trams, pedestrianised areas and Uber.
- Lots of nice international restaurants.