Frequently asked questions

How do I apply?

Full details of how to apply can be found on our how to apply pages.

What is the minimum and maximum period of study?

The minimum period for the English Summer Programme is three weeks. The maximum is 10 weeks. 


What evidence do I need to submit with my application?

You must submit evidence that your level is equivalent to at least A2 on the Common European Framework for Languages in each of the 4 language skills.

If you require a Tier 4 visa you will need to have scores equivalent to B1 in each skill in a UKVI IELTS test (IELTS 4.0) taken at UKVI approved IELTS centres globally.

We also require a copy of your passport.

If you have previously studied in the UK you must submit a copy of your previous visa as this may impact upon any future UK visas.

Further details can be found on our how to apply pages.

How can I pay my fees?

You can pay your deposit (and balance of fees) online once we have received your application and made you an offer. Information on how to pay will be sent to you directly.

Sponsored students must provide evidence of sponsorship (certified letter of sponsorship/financial guarantee).

See our how to apply pages for further information.

What is the maximum class size?

Typically classes have between 12-16 students. The maximum class size is 20 students. 

Can I progress to a pre-sessional English course?

It is not possible to transfer from the English Summer Programme to another course at the University Language Centre. A new application would need to be submitted. 

Can I take the IELTS test during my studies?

The University Language Centre is a regional IELTS test centre.

To view available test dates please see our IELTS pages.

What kind of accommodation is available for students on this course?

Details about available accommodation can be found on our accommodation pages.